Thursday, April 1, 2010

Fumed Firefly Without Ashes Review

Fanfic Url: http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/sss_jh_FFWA
Author: th1rd3ye
Revied by: Afhilangie


Title - 4/5
The title sounds very deep and serious. Interesting. But I guess, the other readers who scan through winglin will predict it's a tragic story.


Appearance - 5/5
The poster and background was eye-catching. The colors were not too bland nor too rich. It matched the fanfic well. Good job. Credits to the designer.


Forewords - 7/10
You detailed the forewords nicely but the preview of the story, which is the most important in this section wasn't describe well. Then, I really disagree with you posting the preview of your next story right at the first page of your fanfic! What if a SHINee fan love Hong Ki more than Jong Hyun?(Which I really doubt. Teehee!) They would just ignore this fanfic and wait for Hong Ki's story to surface. Write them at the last chapter or the end of your fanfic.


Storyline - 13/15
Very nice storyline. Pardon me for not giving you a perfect score though. I just hate sad endings. I was on the edge of my seat when you suddenly stopped right when Hong Ki was about to tell his story! Why do you have to put it on another fanfic? Rawr!(Just kiddin')

Story Flow -15/15
The flow is right on track. Not too fast nor too slow. Well done.

Character Development - 13/15
I was confused on the first chapter of the story. You used Jong Hyun as the first person view then suddenly you changed to Hong Ki then went back to Jong Hyun. The characteristics was described well and no doubt about it.

Descriptions - 8/10
I can imagine the cafe that Jong Hyun went into. Nice settings, even the flashbacks where he imagined about him and Ga Tong was amazing. Perfectly described.

Correct spelling and grammar - 4/5
Quite a few mistakes but can be fixed easily. Better to re-read the story before posting.

Keeping Interest - 8/10
At first, when I knew I was going to do a review for kpop fanfic, I said to myself, I'm going to be biased with the writer. But then, first impression never last. The story was interesting and I'm looking forward to Hong Ki's story!

Ending - 3/5
Cliffhanger! Hmmp.

Bonus Points - 3/5
One point for hanging me in the air waiting for Hong Ki's side of story.
One point for requesting at Kiwi Flight.
Another point for accomplishing the first fanfic here at Kiwi Flight! Yay!

Total - 83/100

No comments:

Post a Comment