Saturday, April 17, 2010

Flair Fleur and Key Review

Fanfic Url: http://winglin.net/fanfic/sss_key_FFK
Author: th1rd3ye
Reviewed by: Tammy


Title - 5/5 - Flair Fleur and Key as a title is a one of kind story headline that grasped my eyes almost immediately. I could automatically tell that it would be an interesting story along with its originality. I have not seen a title like this before in my frequent search for fanfictions so yours totally made an impact.

Appearance - 4/5 - The poster is also absolutely beautiful. It has good use of contrast and the colours are not overdone. It is fair and neutral. The pictures used for the poster are well picked, Key looks adorable in his pose that can hint his behaviour in the fic; fun and bubbly. The girl as a contrast makes it more interesting as she has a funky-type seriousness look in her that clues that she will be the hard to get person. There is an uproar the pleases my eyes even more is the bright sunflower. Not only because Yellow is my favourite colour, but because it stands out amongst the rest, it is cute and large without having to distract anyone form their reading. I also adore the font, it looks vintage yet spontaneous. The one thing that confuses me is the background, what exactly is the purpose of the cute little angels?

Forewords - 9/10 - The forewords consists of mutual information that is crucial to keep the readers reading your short story. Some of them are even just extras to make it more interesting, like the Definitions. I am glad that you have added that kind of feature in your forewords as most of fanfiction writers have English as their second language and it would help them to understand a little better. Along with the Inspiration, it gives ideas to readers on how to get ideas from and jot them down for a much better turnout. The teasers you've used totally got me at the edge of my seat and had my finger aching to click and read the first chapter. I got confused at first but that was the beauty of it.

Storyline - 14/15 - I definitely love the storyline, it is unique and has its own flavour. Like it says on the forewords, it is not a typical story and you were exactly right. I love the idea of Key being a graffiti artist and the character that 'I' play which is Won Eun Na reaches out to him and seeks for some of his knowledge. It is a cute way to start a friendship and definitely an adorable way to start a love life. The fact that you have used a name to play the reader and avoided the annoying squiggly lines for empty names is a plus, I hate those lines, so annoying. Although it may sound a little plain, it would've been better if you added a little more twist in there, maybe when Eun Na found out that Key was going to propose to someone else, she decides to actually move on and find another man, until she finds out it was actually her that he wanted to marry. I know you've already done that in a way, but I'm talking about actually bringing another man in life there, someone with her, hugging her for comfort or planting a kiss on her lips when she wasn't prepared. I don't know, but I suppose you don't have much chapters in the first place so the plot you currently have is great as it is.

Story Flow - 13/15 - Although it is only a short story, every single detail is well written at its own pace as well, no information was rushed and it was also well described. But, I would've been happier if it dragged on a bit.

Character Development - 15/15 - There were not many characters but you have showed clearly of the change of Key's behaviour through the path of life that Key has chosen, once was a graffiti artist in the streets, but until he met her, his life completely changed and he decided to use his talent for good. The girl was mentioned as a very unfashionable person and when Key came, she became more aware of her clothing, always keeping in mind of what Key has told her. In a way, they were both an inspiration to one another.

Descriptions - 9/10 - I have no idea you have put a lot of description in such a short story but it is your talent that must not be put to waste. I could clearly imagine where everything was set and had a clear image of what the people were wearing and how they spoke. Everything as in order.

Correct spelling and grammar - 5/5 - I have not seen mistakes in your grammar nor your spelling. Along with the vocabulary. You have used meaningful big words to make the writing a little more readable. Your tenses are also well placed from the present to the past.

Keeping Interest - 9/10: You have definitely grasped my eyes into reading your 3 chapters and was very happy with the result. They got married and lived happily ever after. The idea you had about the see-through ring with graffiti writings inside got me tempted into having my future boyfriend to make one for me otherwise I won't accept him. I'm joking, but I do hope that it will be as sweet as this one, being a unique person myself, I want something that would separate me from my friends boring old diamonds. After all, what you have done with your hard work always pays off.

Ending - 5/5 - As I have said before, I loved the ending. It is a usual ending for such a dramatic fic like this but it was rather interesting with the personalized rings. I would love to marry someone like Key and you have convinced me to think so.



Bonus Points - 5/5 - For what it's worth, I am one of your silent readers and I have read this before as well as your other short fics. Great Job.


Total - 93/100

No comments:

Post a Comment