Friday, April 2, 2010

Fate's Call Review

Author: th1rd3ye
Reviewer: weepingangel


Title - 5/5
The title really matched up with the plot of the story. Without reading the story yet, it gave me an idea as to how the story will go

Appearance - 5/5
I love the background color, not too bright for a shade of pink. I also like how you put a phone booth on it.

Forewords - 8/10
Though this is a short story, you still managed to give us an overview of how the story goes, and why it's called Fate's call. I like the part that you gave a definition for fate and call. It's also goo that you gave us a background on the characters of the story.


Storyline - 13/15
I've read this kind of story before, but the twist on it made it different. Who would ever thought that Min Eun's sister would turn out to be Min Ho, the guy that Yeong Lin randomly called to rant about her ex-bf. I thought that they would meet the usual way, like through friends, or they will bump into each other, but I was wrong. I also like how you gave the hint that Min Ho fell in love with her, though I'm not quite sure if he fell in love with her at first sght or at first call. So, good job for making that twist.

Story Flow - 13/15
The pacing is good so far, but I would have appreciated it if you elaborated on certain main events, like the call Yeong Lin made, how they got closer, and what happened after Min Ho called Mr. Jerk.

Character Development - 13/15
I was able to get a background of the characters right from the forewords, and as the story went on, you were able to give us a much bigger picture about them.


Descriptions - 8/10
You described the situation well, as well as the character's feelings. It made me feel that I am really part of the story.

Correct spelling and grammar - 3/5
I've seen some grammatical errors and some mispelled words,

Keeping Interest - 8/10
I'm not used to reading fan fics with Kpop artists on it, but reading the title itself made me look forward to it. Good thing this one is already completed, or else I would have been bugging you to update :D


Ending - 4/5
It was a cliffhnger. i wanted to know what happened after Min Ho called Mr. Jerk.

Bonus Points - 2/5
1 point for the subtitle of the chapters. [T][R][E][A][T]
1 point for completing it


Total = 82/100

No comments:

Post a Comment